Deadlines, carpools, endless to do lists…Calgon take us away! Do you feel you have too much to do with too little time in which to do it? Perhaps it’s time to switch from “to do,” to “to be.”
To be HEALTHY
• Exercise daily, from boot camp to gardening, step out of your mind and into your body. This practice allows you to appreciate your surroundings and connect to your body in a way that brings you gratitude and strength awareness.
• Mindful eating, slow down and enjoy.
• Meditation, just breathe.
• Read books that take you away, teach, inspire, make you think, laugh, dream.
To be PURPOSEFUL
• Find meaning and purpose in your work. Think of the impact it has on others.
• Do one thing each day that makes you feel proud, inspired and productive.
• Volunteer – Get involved and give back.
• Practice solution-focused action. Each day, ask yourself what choice can be made for personal growth and change. Then make that choice, (without circular thinking or over analysis…just do it!).
To be CONNECTED
• Practice compassionate awareness in yourself and others.
• Connect to strengths in yourself and in others.
• Seek commonalities while accepting differences.
• Connect with others around hobbies, activities and ideas, (Join a book club, knitting club, basketball league, take a photography or art class, sign up for a college course, learn a new skill, etc.).
To be POSITIVE IN YOUR AWARENESS
• Practice gratitude awareness. Notice what IS good, what is enough in your life.
• FOCUS ON THE CAN instead of the can not.
TO BE practices will allow you to feel calmer, more content, more productive and more fulfilled.