New beginnings can be as scary as they are exciting. The opportunity to begin again. To reinvent yourself. To become a person you admire, respect, enjoy! Try not to put your energy into the fears of the “what if’s.” Life is fluid. Nothing is set in stone. So don’t worry!
Be open, be brave, be curious, and be flexible.
Life is lived through experiences and from those experiences you discover who you are, what you like, what you don’t like. Every experience is a stepping stone taking you closer to discovering who you wish to be and how you want your life to feel. If you take a step in a direction that takes you away from your best self don’t worry…it’s just a teachable moment – there will be millions. Learn from it, pick yourself up, laugh a little and move on.
Move beyond any limiting narratives about who you are or where you “fit in.”
• Recognize and lead from your strengths.
• Be open to your vulnerabilities.
• Recognize that starting over isn’t easy for anyone.
• Everyone wants to be seen, heard and valued.
• Everyone seeks connection.
• Be authentic so the connections you make and the experiences you have support your growth in healthy, strong directions.
Say yes to clubs, groups, classes that might interest YOU. In doing so you will meet others with similar interests.
• Explore your options. It doesn’t matter if you have always seen yourself one way…you are multidimensional and starting a new chapter allows you to explore, discover and grow the many facets of your being.
• New beginnings are opportunities for discovery, of yourself and your world.
• Move beyond any self-limiting beliefs and empower yourself!
• Open yourself up to the infinite possibilities!
As Steve Jobs so wisely said, “Your time is limited, so don’t waste it living someone else’s life. Don’t let the noise of others drown out your own inner voice, and most important, have the courage to follow your heart and intuition.”